View Single Post
12 Jan 2012  
derekimo

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by FireEMSPolice View Post
I am trying to burn a DVD of images from our wedding. I want to make 1 chapter for the rehersal pictures, another chapter for the ceremony and so fourth. Can anyone give me a "cliffs-notes" version of how to do this? Much appreciated!
I'm not familiar with the program roderunner mentioned but I found this out playing around with DVD maker for a couple hours now.

1. For each chapter (scene) you want you need to make a separate project in movie maker. (i.e. Rehearsal, Ceremony etc. ) There are many settings and customizations you can make to each before saving them.

2. Add those to DVD maker in the order you want them and choose your options and settings and preferences, then preview so you can see your project before you burn.

3. If you are trying to make a halfway decent looking picture disc you are going to have to practice and play around to get something you like.

There just aren't any "cliffs notes" to walk you through it, unless the above is suitable for you to get started.

There are several people asking the same question you did,

"Chapters" or :Scenes" using Windows DVD Maker - is - Microsoft Answers

Windows DVD Maker chapters - Vista Forums

How Do I Create Chapters In Windows Movie Maker? - Vista Forums

Here's Microsoft's explanation,

Quote:
Scenes are created for your DVD based on the type and number of files that you add to the DVD. You can have more control over how scenes appear on your DVD by understanding how scenes are created in Windows DVD Maker. A DVD can have up to 18 total scenes.
If you add more than one video file or a combination of video files and pictures, then one scene is created for each video file and the slide show.
DVD-Video burning: frequently asked questions#
My System SpecsSystem Spec