View Single Post
27 Jan 2012  
4eyed

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
I had a bad experience with that specific motherboard - ASRock. You may have a different experience. However, I would recommend Asus or MSI over ASSROCK. Some others in this forum may agree with me. Not sure what you're gonna use the old spin drive for with SSD. I'd upgrade the spin to 6gb/s sata to take advantage of mobo. You can get 4gbx2 memory for $45 from crucial. Get 1.35 volts instead of 1.5 volts. Recommend ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS for $185. If price is a consideration, you should be happy with ASUS M5A97 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS for $95
I'll reuse the HDD. If i didn't i'd probably have to downgrade the GPU, and i don't plan on doing that. As i said, i'll go with 1x4 to save some money, just for a couple of months. And, about the mobo, everyone on tom's hardware and on a serbian forum, "svet kompjutera" ( computer world ) said that this asrock is a great choice... But ok, i'll change to asus if it's more reliable.
My System SpecsSystem Spec