View Single Post
27 Jan 2012  
ceri23

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

I can't even find a reader to read that .dmp file. Any clues as to what's going on? The computer started up this morning, but just starting up from a cold set takes about 15 minutes for some bizarre reason. It proceeds through the POST etc. then gets to the "Starting Windows" screen. The animation plays fine, but then it just sits. I've been staring at it for about 5 minutes so far. Earlier it finally booted up after about 15 minutes. I went to open firefox (to check this thread), and firefox locked up. I Xed it and forced it's closure. I then tried opening up ie9 and it wouldn't even try to open. Next, I went to Computer to right click and check my system specs (to see if all memory modules and hard drives were being recognized) and it just sat there. I then tried opening firefox again and BSOD. I'm 5 minutes into it's reboot staring at "Starting Windows".

Also, something I missed that is a fairly recent symptom. My data drive has started dropping out of Computer. I'll leave the set running for a few days at a time and suddenly one day in the middle of something the D drive will just disappear. Anything I was working on that was saved there crashes, but windows stays up. A reboot was fixing this, but not anymore (as the computer is nearly unusable). Everything has been much slower than the hardware would suggest.
My System SpecsSystem Spec