Your USB devices may have tried to protect themselves from a power surge and shut down. Do the following to reset the ports.
- Shut down and turn off the computer.
- Unplug the computer from the wall or surge protector (then remove the battery if it is a laptop).
- Hold down the power button for 30 seconds. This closes the circuit and ensures all power from components is drained to clear the software connections between the BIOS and hardware and clear any corruption in the temporary memory.
- (If it is a laptop, plug the battery back into the laptop and then) Plug the computer back into the wall.
- Turn it on to reinitialize the software connections between the BIOS and hardware, and post back your results.