View Single Post
23 Feb 2012  
oreo27

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Service Pack 1

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Anderson2 View Post
Hi
I have a new HP laptop (dv6-1375dx) with pre-installed W 7 whose touchpad is listed as a "Synaptics Touchpad V6.5 on PS/2 Port".

The cursor has a mind of its own and frequently jumps all over the screen when I type without (I think) my touching anything. Is there a way to reduce this annoying jumping of the cursor? I've looked at the Synaptics device properties but am not sure what I need to change.

Thanks.
I'd like to point out a great feature that this fellow right here suggested. PalmCheck solved this exact same issue on my former Acer notebook.

Have you had a go at this feature?

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by nate42nd View Post
You need too go into "mouse" from the control panel and hit the touchpad tab to the right.

Hit "settings" there and expand "pointers" then "sensitivity" and adjust from there. There are other settings in there that will help you with your problem too. Look around a little and read some of the settings. I don't have my system here or I would tell you about those too.

There is one called "palm check" or something. I think that will help too.

Good luck

Edit: I should have read the previous posts. It looks like you already got the basics covered.
Edit

Whoops. Didn't realize the opening post was quite old :P

Anyway, to the users experiencing this problem, this feature is probably the most suitable solution.
My System SpecsSystem Spec