View Single Post
24 Feb 2012  
STU9000

Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Look for the software for the features you like on the Vaio Support Downloads webpage for your model. If it's there then you can try it, if not you may not want to Clean Reinstall Windows 7 Factory OEM but instead try running it for awhile while Cleaning up factory bloatware.

You can also find out the name of the features you like and google everything you can read about them to find out how others have fared with a clean reinstall. The ones which have problems like the webcam and touchpad software features on some Samsung laptops often have been thoroughly hashed out in various forums including ours.
I think I'm going to stick with the factory settings and familiarise myself with all the features, zap bloatware before going for a clean install. I've downloaded that Win7 and noted all your advice so might go for that in the future when (and fingers crossed it wont end up that way) my computer grinds to a halt and I feel like throwing it out the window etc..

Once you start installing third party software though usually something stops working properly.

It just starting chundering there while I was burning a recovery disk, playing an mp3 and removing some unwanted items from the inverted dock at the top of the screen, the one that keeps making me open explorer to read some news article. 'Work smart from home' it's just telling me now.. Going to get on that and get it zapped ASAP

Thanks for the time taken to give me some advice everyone, I guess I'll probably be back with more question though.
My System SpecsSystem Spec