View Single Post
22 Mar 2012  
Kaktussoft

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Kaktussoft View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by firmos View Post
You're right ... and I have no need to boot (ie. verify) the System Image ... I do trust Microsoft's programmers. But, does the System-Image-restore allow user to resume at the exact state (from when the System Image was created)? (Or are there, say, drivers to be re-installed? I just need to be sure.)
yes it's exactly the same!! Accept the pagefile and hibernation file are not backupped (and probably more useless files). also (as far I can remember) it doesn't backup restore points as well. But drivers, users, settings... you don't loose anything!

But... it tries to restore in exact same location. If the original partition(s) changed, so changed in size, start location, or deleted .... the whole disk will be cleaned and then the system image restore starts and recreates the partitions on exact place and size as they were at time of backup.
Registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\BackupRestore has info about what to NOT backup and what to NOT restore
My System SpecsSystem Spec