View Single Post
27 Mar 2012  
Solarstarshines

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit sp1

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Nomad8459 View Post
I had read that if you ring Windows and explain that the Motherboard has died that they usually will reactivate your key, I can't afford to buy windows again after the expense of a new motherboard as well, Motherboards die, it happens, they must have some experience with this??

Had G Skill RAM with the DDR2 and couldn't get it stable where as the OCZ reaper was totally stable at 1072mhz, couldn't get the G Skill stable at even 1000Mhz!

It was an OEM but I have the Windows 7 Install disc, I paid extra to have it pre-installed but they also sent me the disc, its OEM though not retail.

I think it would be possible to go that route and explain you have a OEM disc copy and you wish to keep your current win7 because you can't afford to buy a new one and since the board the OEM was tied to died technicly you own that copy of windows so they would have to suplament something in order for you to continue being a valued consumer they also have records of when windows was last used and maybe a crital error notifaction before dying so they would have some knowledge

Think it would be a good idea
My System SpecsSystem Spec