View Single Post
17 Apr 2012  
Vir Gnarus

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 64-bit

The crashdumps I see are dated back to the 11th, which is pretty much around the time you did the fresh install on the new drive (actually, the log says you first installed at March 31st). All the crashdumps are disk-related issues such as failures during NTFS operation, plus one of your minidumps was created with it being 0 bytes in size which typically occurs when KeBugCheckEx managed to successfully initiate the dump procedure but nothing got dumped due to an I/O issue (most likely the drive was not responsive at the time).

I don't think it's coincidence that the only crashdumps that you provided us started during the time you started using the new drive, and considering that this started occurring even after a fresh install of Windows, then it has to be hardware related. The only exceptions would be if Windows failed to properly install or the partition Windows sits on was corrupt during installation. Yet most likely this is hardware failure, which I point finger at the disk.

In addition to the crashdumps, I did see in the syslog a single instance early on that there was NTFS corruption. Did you run chkdisk any this past month? Preferably do the full chkdsk (both options). In addition, I did see transaction errors reported by NTFS. Hopefully all of this is just because your NTFS partition is corrupt and a fix of it would do the trick, and that there isn't any underlying problem like the disk itself causing the corruption. You can run all basic and self tests on Seatools to see if it is the disk or the controller causing woes, but it's not a 100% guarantee it'll find hardware problems if they exist.
My System SpecsSystem Spec