View Single Post
19 Apr 2012  

Win 7

If the current lineup is going to drop it's because the new SandyBridge III's are coming

The ASUS P8Z77-V PRO is a top mid-range socket 1155 motherboard targeted to the forthcoming “Ivy Bridge” processors (third-generation Core i3, Core i5, and Core i7 processors) and also supporting the current “Sandy Bridge” models (second-generation Core i3, Core i5, and Core i7 processors). Let’s see what the ASUS P8Z77-V PRO will have to offer.
From > ASUS P8Z77-V PRO Motherboard | Hardware Secrets

The z79 board is new, if it follows the route of the last couple intel updates it'll take a couple months to get the bugs worked out, Personally I prefer more mature tech over the latest and greatest(for this month) the z68 i7 2700k OC's well and is a stable platform.

Both of those Thermaltake units are manufactured by Sirtec reviews for the most part are hit or miss> HARDOCP - Conclusion - Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 1200W PSU Review

Personally I prefer Seasonic built units found under the Seasonic, XFX, Antec High Current Gamer, Corsair TX, AX labels, 750w will be plenty for your build.

SSD's make the PC feel snappier for sure on short data bursts the speed is good, longer data read/writes the numbers get closer to a platter drive. The most common complaints are cost and size 60gb drives fill up fast so have a plan for backups.
My System SpecsSystem Spec