Uninstall Firefox and remove user data and/or settings
Uninstall all Google applications
Uninstall Start Search Toolbar
Next, flush the DNS cache and restore MS's Hosts file.
Copy and paste these lines in Note pad.
attrib -h -s -r hosts
echo 127.0.0.1 localhost>HOSTS
attrib +r +h +s hosts
netsh winsock reset all
netsh int ip reset all
shutdown -r -t 1
Save as flush.bat
to your desktop.
Double click on the flush.bat file to run it.Vista and Windows 7... right click the .bat file and choose to run as Administrator. Your computer will reboot itself.
Now download TFC by Old Timer TFC - Temp File Cleaner by OldTimer - Geeks to Go Forums
and save it to your desktop.
Save any unsaved work
. TFC will close ALL open programs including your browser!
Double-click on TFC.exe to run it. If you are using Vista/Windows 7 right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator.
Click the Start button to begin the cleaning process and let it run uninterrupted to completion.
Important! If TFC prompts you to reboot, please do so immediately. If not prompted, manually reboot the machine anyway to ensure a complete clean
After rebooting, you will need a running Anti-virus program Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows
Install and run Microsoft Security Essentials.
- Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 7.
Java SE Downloads
- Scroll down to where it says "Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 7u3 allows end-users to run Java applications".
- Click the "Download" button to the right.
- Check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement".
- The page will refresh.
- Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation with or without Multi-language and save to your desktop.
- Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
- Go to Start > Control Panel double-click on Add/Remove programs and remove all older versions of Java.
- Check any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
- Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
- Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.
- Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
- Then from your desktop double-click on jre-7u3-windows-i586-p.exe to install the newest version.
Now you can re-install Firefox.