View Single Post
21 May 2012  
Vir Gnarus

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Windows 7 64-bit

That does seem rather odd. As for Panther\setup.etl, it's the Windows Update performance log, which should harbor a good bit of details on what was going on at the time, as mentioned here. If you can, zip it up and send it over. Also while you're at it, can you please take a screenshot of the error message(s) you're receiving? There may even be logs associated with them as mentioned in the article I linked too. See what you can scrounge up. The more information the better.

Anyways, I still don't understand how it has anything to do with the single register bit corruption I witnessed prior. I recommend continuing the rest of the hardware tests, as well as doing Prime95 again on Blend this time instead of Large FFTs (again, same length of time). Before you start any of them though, I recommend you provide the HWInfo logs as previously requested. Those can assist us on determining if this is a PSU problem. However it's not definitive: there are no definitive hardware tests for the motherboard and PSU aside from a multimeter and a mobo diagnostic kit. So if it's either of them causing trouble, either most or all hardware tests will show up probs, or no hardware tests will show up probs.

In addition to all this, to make sure we aren't dealing with some driver-based problems, turn on Driver Verifier. Any crashes you experience while it's on will give us better crashdumps to look at. Do not select the IRP Logging, Force Pending I/O Requests, and Low Resource Sim checks. Follow all other instructions in totality. Provide us any new crashdumps.
My System SpecsSystem Spec