View Single Post
21 Jun 2012  
Pauly

Win7 Ultimate X64

Hello crgibson

All you will need is one sata cable to link the SSD to the mobo simple as that, the only other lead to connect to it is the power lead which will be already there attached to PSU (assuming you have the correct power supply unit for sata drives), all your drives do not need to be sata but your new board has 6 x sata ports & 1 IDE port so you if you still have any older ide optical drives etc you will still be able to use them but you can only connect two ide devices to one ide port so bear that in mind, also i notice you have gone for a sata III 6GBs SSD but your mobo only supports sata II 3GBs so you may not be using it to its full potential

Handy tutorial here SSD - Install and Transfer the Operating System one thing i dont think it mentions in there is its advisable to have your SSD connected to sata port0 when installing & is safer to have no other drives connected to ensure boot mgr goes on the correct drive, you may want to read up on this first

Hope this helps, there are more handy guides here, have a look through tutorial section http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/
My System SpecsSystem Spec