View Single Post
05 Jul 2012  
Night Hawk

W7 Ultimate x64/W10 Pro x64 dual boot main build-remote pc W10 Pro x64 Insider Preview/W7 Pro x64

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by remoticboy View Post
@Night Hawk, since you said that the OS wont see my earlier install, what do you suggest?

And I'm pretty much sure that the ISO i've downloaded works fine.

And why would I need a Linux based thing? I'm trying to install Windows.
The link posted earlier was so you could read what the other program is mainly used for. The other two programs however generally work well for Windows iso files as far as burning to disk or seeing them written to a usb flash drive made bootable.

As for the problems installing like I was saying it could have been from a bad download where you would need to download again or a bad write to the flash drive where something went missing.

You first step as pointed out by gregrocker however would be wiping the drive even the primary to start off fresh from start with everything new. That would insure any drive error present or forming are cleaned off before the new install is seen.

If your original 7 install did not include SP1 however the iso from the site there simply won't activate with the product key you already have. You would then the key for a 7 with SP1 dvd.
My System SpecsSystem Spec