View Single Post
06 Jul 2012  

windows 7 ultimate 64 bit

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by solarmystic View Post
Hello fishigfon and welcome to the forums!

Try running Setup.exe on the installation media in Windows Compatibility mode with Administrator access by following the steps below:-

Right click on the setup.exe file|Properties|Compatibility Tab|Tick the box for Run this program in compatibility mode and a select Windows 98 (or the version of windows which worked for the game on your old PC) from the drop box|and at the very bottom of the box tick the Run this program as an administrator|Apply|OK

Next, try to disable any active anti-virus/malware software you have on the system for the duration of the installation; it may be interfering with the setup process. This is just temporary, you will of course need to re-enable protections after you're done installing the software.

Another potential solution is copy all the installation files from all 4 CDs onto your local hard drive and run setup.exe from your local hard drive, pointing to the next file in each folder from the next disc when the setup prompts you for the next cab file to be installed...

Hope that helps!
i Tried changing the Compatibility mode, but the box where i can enable it is greyed out.
And i tried copying the files to my HDD, but it says it cant do it because of th read only attribute.

and i will try disableing the anti virus software now

My System SpecsSystem Spec