View Single Post
06 Jul 2012  

Windows 7 ultimate x64

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by BugMeister View Post
- can't see a problem, the AMD link will direct you to the latest and most stable compatible driver available for your card..

- I'm assuming that you aren't messing about with overclocking and the like..
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by solarmystic View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by archer View Post
Hello everyone. Just a small query. Is it fine if I update my ATI drivers via CCC update utility or should I manually download the latest drivers, uninstall the old drivers (driver sweeper and all) and then install the new ones?

My CCC downloaded and installed the new drivers last night. PC is working fine, but just out of curiosity, is it OK?

BugMeister's views are sound, but as a fellow ATI card carrying member, let me offer an alternative counter point to his suggestion..

If you ever have any issues from that automatic installation, remember that the manual uninstall, sweep and reinstall is the best way to wipe out all the remnants of troublesome drivers, include ones Windows keeps when you install new drivers on top of older ones continuously...

Just my 0.02...
Thanks a lot guys for your replies. BugMeister, I am not overclocking. My only concerns is that if CCC is downloading the drivers on its own. Does it remove the old one completely (like Driver Sweeper does) and then install the new ones? Because, once you confirm to download the driver. It starts to download and without any notifications it starts to install it as well. Ofcourse we can stop the installation and install it manually later. It might sound like a vote. Which one do you prefer automatic or manual? I see 2 votes, one for each suggestion above.
My System SpecsSystem Spec