I mainly needed the mySQL + phpMyAdmin + PHP + Apache combo for our school project. We're to develop a database system for our school. I decided to use WAMP for no particular reason over XAMP though I'm aware of the existence of the two. I don't mind using XAMP but a groupmate whom I have no contact with showed me WAMP working on his laptop last week to demonstrate the database he had made so far.
This is a common issue amongst WAMP users for years now I think yet there's no easy solution for it.
Thanks to your link, I managed to fix the issue on mine by deleting the PHP installed in my C:// drive which might have been having conflict with the one inside WAMP. ^ ^