View Single Post
20 Jul 2012  
TheZman

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1

I'll look into checking the PSU. Everything checks out okay outwardly, but I know how deceiving.

According to at least this source (and a few others I found) electricity is equal to that in the states on American Military Bases.

http://www.city.okinawa.okinawa.jp/s...lectricity.pdf

Also, here's where I got the idea from you.

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Anak View Post
By chance...
Your not using any after-market accessories like a power cord or battery for your dv7 are you?
They may be inferior to approved HP products.
Basically the question made me think about checking the power supply going into the audio output. Sorry I didn't clarify better.

The Pavilion's been active for a few hours (total) and hasn't made the sound yet without me unplugging the headset.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's popped once or twice independently now. It may be that being here on the base is causing the problem as I haven't really found any "reliable official" source that says there's no power difference from the states.

Tell you what, I'm heading back to the states on August 15th. I'll see if it's still a problem once I get back. I can handle it for now just fine. It's not a consistent or constant noise and nothing else has been effected by it. It's just kind of annoying.
My System SpecsSystem Spec