View Single Post
22 Jul 2012  
Anak

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Win 7 Home Premium 64bit Ver 6.1.7600 Build 7601 - SP1

Holy Edits Zman, I saw your post earlier, and I'm glad I waited to reply!

1.)The ndis.sys is a system file lets see if this will help. I'd like you to run: SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker and run it 3x's as it instructs with re-boots in between each run.
Sometimes it will catch files on the second or even third run, should take about a half hour.

2.)You could try this tool: Home-WLAN Optimizer - Optimize wireless gaming, audio and video streaming...
Disable the background search and use streaming mode, while leaving autoconfig enabled.

3.)It also wouldn't hurt to make sure these drivers are up to date. If there is a bad mix between the NIC, and Audio, that can cause spikes.
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TheZman View Post
Sound Card: (1) Screaming Bee Audio (2) IDT High Definition Audio CODEC (3) Intel(R) Display Audio
You could use the Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 7 and Windows Vista) HP Pavilion dv7-6135dx Entertainment Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)
Or
Voice Changing Software, Online Games, Voice Overs, Instant Messaging, Voice Changer

http://www.pcpitstop.com/drivers/download/IDT~High~Definition~Audio~CODEC.html

I'm not sure about the Intel Display Audio. You may find help with the HP assistant or here: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Default.aspx

4.)More: latency spikes dv7 -6135dx Entertainment PC - HP Support Forum Check out the solved one.

5.)Check the Power Management Tab settings in all network adapters, Control Panel\Device Manager\ Uncheck both "Allow this device to wake computer", and "Only allow magic packet to wake computer".

6.)Check this This latency is killing me! link to check if you have Intel's EIST system in your BIOS, it's not the first link I've seen concerning win7 ACPI/power management.

Check after any of these steps see if you still have the noises.
My System SpecsSystem Spec