View Single Post
27 Jul 2012  
RyuBZ

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by oxymoron02 View Post
My understanding is that GRUB handles the boot loaders for all operating systems on a machine, and Windows being as prone to collapse as it is, removing GRUB would most likely have entirely wiped your Windows bootloader. Manager reported it fixed because there was nothing to fix, so it assumed its job was done (believe me, stupid things like that can and do happen with Windows).

I did once upon a time find out myself how to recompile the Windows bootloader because I did a very similar thing, the only difference being I was a complete idiot and erased the loader myself (long story!). I would run a quick search for you to try and find the guide again but I unfortunately have to get gone within the next ten minutes before I'm fired, so try Googling for "rebuild Windows 7 bootloader". Good luck!
Hey, thank you for the response. I was unable to find a tutorial, so whenever you're free could you link me to it?

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
The procedure for PC's is to mark Win7 or it's 100mb System Reserved partition (preferred if you have it) Active: Mark Partition Active

Then run Startup Repair - Run 3 Separate Times. All the commands and fixes are automated in Startup Repair which will also test for other problems comprehensively, sometimes requiring it to be run up to 3 separate times with reboots.
I tried this and I still encounter the same BOOTMGR is missing error. When I go to start up repair it says that there were no problems detected, maybe that will hint you to any other possibilities to as why my BOOTMGR is still missing. Thank you for the response.
My System SpecsSystem Spec