Fixing Print Spooler and Active Directory Domain Services
I've tried many of the suggestions found online. The following worked for me:
1. Turned off AVG anti-virus programs for 15 minutes.
2. Accessed print spooler via “Run” by typing “services.msc”
3. Started Print Spooler and this time it did not automatically stop.
4. This allowed the printers to be accessed in the printer control panel. However, Word did not show any printers as available. Got the “active directory domain services is currently unavailable” error (AC DS) message.
5. Immediately restarted computer.
6. Immediately turned off AVG programs for 15 minutes
7. This seemed to take care of the AC DS issue. Printers showed up in Word.
8. Restarted AVG programs.
Windows 7 (64) with HP1022 and Canon MG8120