View Single Post
17 Aug 2012  

Microsoft Community Contributor Award Recipient

Hello Trammel and welcome to Seven Forums. My usual disclaimer: I'm not an expert at anything, especially deciphering SFC logs.

It seems that SFC repaired several "difxapi.dll" problems. As I understand things, this particular file is part of Microsoft's Driver Install Framework API. These drivers originate from software you installed on your system. Did you install something right around the same time the Indexing and Outlook problems began? If yes, you could uninstall that program and see if the problems are fixed. If you didn't install anything you could try a clean boot to see if you can isolate which program is causing the issue.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

A second possible solution is to use a restore point and return your computer to a date/time prior to when the problems began.

System Restore

If this doesn't work I'd go through this troubleshooting guide. It's time consuming but many people have been able to fix their computer problems using it.

Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7
My System SpecsSystem Spec