View Single Post
15 Jan 2009  
Patrick C

Windows 7 Home - 64 Bit

Brink -

There has been some traffic, in this forum, about the ATI drivers referenced in this post, that don't completely install. I have a HP Laptop dv5-1125nr with Radeon HD 3200 graphics. (1) I tried installing the ATI beta drivers referenced in the post. (2) The install hangs. (3) Used windows Task Manager to stop the install. (4) Went to the Device Manager. (5) Found Display icon. (6) Found and highlighted the installed Microsoft driver. (7) Right-click, selected update the driver, (8) When the option to give a driver for install came up, (9) Browsed to and found the driver left by the failed ATI beta install, (10) Highlighted it, (11) Navigated to the list of drivers that windows allows for install, (12) Selected " ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics (Pre-release - WDDM 1.1) " driver and installed it. Now when I right-click the desktop and select the Catalyst Manager - I can make all the adjustments and see the Video Memory allocation 2D, 3D, etc. I sent feedback to ATI - that by the way is available for all users of the Catalyst Manager on the 1st page of the Manager. I have wanted to share what I found to help others that have had trouble installing these drivers. God's Speed - Patrick C
My System SpecsSystem Spec