View Single Post
22 Aug 2012  
Francis93

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Onestep View Post
At present I am using Malwarebytes (Free Version) & SuperAntispyware (Free Edition). I was

told I might not be getting the best protection. I need to know if there are other programs

out there that are better and that I should use instead. Any and all respond is greatly

appreciated. Many thanks and God Bless.
Yes, unfortunately you are not getting the best protection. For your information, the FREE versions of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and SUPERAntiSpyware do not provide real-time protection (blocking) and updates but ONLY ON-DEMAND protection and updates. When we say on-demand, you can only scan or update whenever you want. However, the downside of this is that it doesn't automatically block malicious files downloaded from the Internet or transferred from removable drives. Hence, the infection of zero-day malware would most likely take place without your knowledge nor without the protection of those scanners.

I highly recommend that you look for an anti-virus program that provides high caliber features, up-to-date protection and at the same time, does not hamper your computer performance. The AV program will serve as your primary layer of defense while Malwarebytes and SUPERAnti may be used as complementary ('second opinion') scanners (your second layer of defense).

Hope this helps.
PS: Thread should be in System Security forum.
My System SpecsSystem Spec