Thread: Solved Path to the Network
View Single Post
07 Sep 2012  

Windows 7 Home Premium x64

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by x BlueRobot View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by markaz View Post
Thank you both for the replies and I apologize for responding so late. It is the Network Folder that I would like to open when I click on Network from the context menu. However, when I add %windir%\explorer.exe /e,::{F02C1A0D-BE21-4350-88B0-7367FC96EF3C} as the ValueI get the followingwhen I click on Network
from the context menu:

If %windir% is a specific path I would have to know that as permissions is no problem.

Thanks so much for your assistance. -Mark
I believe you need to replace the %windir% with the drive whereby your operating system is located; mostly it is the C: drive.

Hope this helps,

Thanks for the reply, Harry. It had to be more than that as C: is just the drive, not the Directory where Windows is located. But your response turned on the light, age is at work here, and %windir% is almost universally C:\Windows. Brink probably would have stated that in his response only he did not know the drive letter where Windows is located. On my computer %windir% could be G:\Windows. But you're is C:\.

Thank you Brink for bringing to my attention which Network I was looking for and providing the path. Just a massive brain lapse as to %windir%. So C:\Windows\explorer.exe /e,::{F02C1A0D-BE21-4350-88B0-7367FC96EF3C} was added as the Value and the Network Folder opens perfectly from the desktop context menu.

Thank you very much!!

My System SpecsSystem Spec