View Single Post
08 Sep 2012  
dexislegend123

Windows 7 Ultimate 64

If you actually go to control panel printers and devices the little yellow bar at top appears click that and change it to manual drivers install.

You can remove print drivers that are not associated with a local printer or connection using the printui.exe tool
in an admin elevated command prompt type
printui /s /t2
Be sure to remove the driver AND the package.

Also you can find in device manager if you right click your printer properties and find out what your driver is and whats in its details you may be able to delete them files from the repo. But i wouldn't advise that unless you know what your doing.

Backup backup backup is essential anytime btw start at that step first. But try the command prompt i said.
Or...

I took this from elsewhere

Quote:
Step 1. Restart the computer and log on as "Administrator."

Step 2. Go to the Start menu and type in MMC, which will see access to Microsoft Management Console on the Start menu. Click it.

Step 3. Go to the File menu, select "Add / Remove Snap-in..."

Step 4. Displays the list and select "Print Management" and then click "Add."

Step 5. In this screen, select "Add the Local Server", press "Finish" and then "OK."

Step 6. Scroll down to the name of the computer, select the tree of drivers and right-click the driver you want to delete and select "Remove Driver Package.

Step 7. Finally, make sure you restart the computer before attempting to add new printer drivers or different.
My System SpecsSystem Spec