View Single Post
21 Sep 2012  
F5ing

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Lisa288 View Post
Again, I'm not sure how to reply to you alone. But Will try here.
It's best not bothering to reply to only one individual. Just reply as you've been doing (within this thread) so that others that may be able to help have a chance to do so (and you just might get this issue resolved much more quickly). On top of that there may be others searching the internet for an answer to the same or similar problem, and conversing within the thread allows them to view all of the relevant info.

If I get these files in the future may I just delete them? I have Norton backup and it picks up EVERYTHING I place into my Libraries, documents, photos, videos. I don't want to give then the opportunity to raise my rates again because these are being backe up as well as the documents I truly saved.
I'm not sure how Norton's rates are determined but it may relieve you to know that if these really are the lock files I'm thinking they may be, they are very small in size (about 20 to 30 bytes or so).

Also, I don't use Explorer, rather, Google Chrome. And I'd have to be getting hacked, as they say, for another user to be trying to rea my files, am I right? What would you do in my situation?
I was referring to the Windows Explorer file browser rather than Internet Explorer in that statement I made.

One last thing, I tend to miss seeing the $~ and waste time trying to open unreadable files. I just want them GONE!
Can you post a screenshot of a sample of these files, as well as some of your document files, within a Windows Explorer window?

Thank you for helping!
Lisa
You're very welcome!
My System SpecsSystem Spec