View Single Post
05 Oct 2012  
chev65

Windows 7 Ult, Windows 8.1 Pro,

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by stevevmaloney View Post
I'm new to this forum - not sure of the protocols, etc.

That said, any idea how I can get the adaptor to show up in the IPCONFIG? CHEV65 - I think I lost my connection to you in this forum. I see your responses in my email though.
In general, when the adaptors aren't showing up it means the driver for that adaptor is not installed correctly.

I'm not sure which model of Asus board you are running but you should go the Asus site and look up the drivers for your exact model board and install the latest versions.

However since your board worked before and now doesn't I'd say you have a virus infection that has corrupted your Operating system.

In other words, something is blocking your network interfaces completely so they aren't even showing up in the ipconfig at all. You can try running a virus scan and see if it finds problems.

Or you can use system restore to go back to a point in time before the problem occurred or if you have a system image handy now would be a good time to use it.

You might even try doing a start up repair from the Windows CD but you sometimes have to run the repair 3 times before it will fix everything. Reinstalling windows is another good option.
My System SpecsSystem Spec