View Single Post
08 Oct 2012  

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by ndex477 View Post
Also, another issue that was brought to my attention by my friend is that each attempt to download software from the web results in a failure. What in the world could be causing this? Also funmoods was keeps popping up.
Funmoods is a malicious browser add-on that resets your home page and redirects all of your internet searches to
It installs itself on any and all browsers on your system, so you will have to repeat the process several times if you have more than one browser installed. (I’ve included instructions for IE and Chrome.

1) First you need to uninstall it from Windows. Go To Control Panel >> Programs >> Uninstall a program. Find Funmoods, and uninstall it.

2) Then you need to fix each browser. To remove the add-on, in Internet Explorer, go to Tools, Enable Add-ons, Enable or Disable Add-ons. Find Funmoods and remove. In Chrome, uninstall the extension to remove it completely from the browser:
Click the wrench icon on the browser toolbar.
Click Tools.
Select Extensions.
Click Uninstall for the extension you’d like to completely remove.

3) Next you need to reset you home page back to your prior choices. In IE, click the drop arrow next to the Home icon, and choose Add or Change Home Page. In Chrome,
Click the wrench icon on the browser toolbar.
Select Options
Click the Basics tab.
Set your home page
Pick the page you’d like to be your home page in the “Home page” section. You can select to use the New Tab page as your home page. To use another page, select “Open this page” and enter the web address of the page you’d like to use.

4) Then you need to reset your search provider. click the search provider you would like to set as the default, click Set as default, and then click Close.
Set your default search engine in Chrome.

Funmoods should now be gone and that should put you in a better mood.

Note: You can get rid of it from chrome just by disabling it on ‘add-ons’ .

As to the other problem that you are not able to download software,i suggest using MSE (Microsoft Security Essentials) OR Avast and scan the whole computer.They are both free.
For anti malware at least get the Malwarebytes free on demand scanner.

Remove any add-ons installed on your browser through this -

Hope this helps .
My System SpecsSystem Spec