View Single Post
23 Oct 2012  
ParkerB

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

I think I understand what you are trying to accomplish. I am fairly certain there is no way to go create an icon from the sys tray to the task bar but if your goal is to provide a quick and easy way to launch an application there are better ways to do it. I recall some years back software that "preloaded" programs that you selected like Word to speed up the delay in starting the program but that is obviously no longer necessary because of the current speeds. Even if the program I question is already running at startup or in the background which it must be if it is in the sys tray, why not use a program like Win 7 App Launcher or circle dock. You can customize these apps however you want. Even if you wanted an icon for the system volume control or the catalyst control center you can customize the Win 7 APL however you want. There are also gadgets that you can add to the windows sidebar that would do the same. I am not sure if that helps but I do not think it is possible, or at least not very simple to do what you are asking.
My System SpecsSystem Spec