View Single Post
01 Nov 2012  
gwilson698121

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1

Wow. Great Service and information.

I really don't use the onboard Realtek lan driver as it crashed shortly after install and updating really didn't help. Chalked it up to a bad chip on mobo. Hence, the Intel Gigabit Adapter. Not sure it's relevant.

Regarding the Intel Graphics driver, because I received the first BSOD during install which pointed to 'igdkmd64.sys' indicate a bad GPU right off the bat? Sorry if that sounds stupid.

I also could not get SPDIF output via the Realtek connection on the mobo... hence, the Sound Blaster X-Fi, which it turns out saved me because 5.1 via Intel Graphics caused WMC to crash EVERYTIME when saved in the Control Panel and WMC-LIVE TV was selected.

As a result, I'm now sending 5.1 via optical to my Denon AVR. WMC likes that, I resolved myself that audio and video to WMC was a little too much to ask. However, as a result, the Denon is dedicated to audio, as there is no way to process audio AND process the video to my flat screen. So I'm sending the video from my HTPC via DVI directly to my flat panel HDMI 1 connection which I just realized as I'm typing this is still using the Intel Graphic adapter.

Half way point... discrete GPU and keep truckin, or rebuild. What do you think?
My System SpecsSystem Spec