Hello eyino and welcome to the forums
Windows Update Package Replacement
this fix is specific to the user in this thread. No one else should follow these instructions as it may cause more harm than good. If you are after assistance, please start a thread of your own.
- Please download the attached file, Packs.zip and save this to your Desktop.
- Right-click on the file and select Extract All...
- Tick the box labelled Show extracted files when complete then click Extract
- A window will open showing two folders, Manifests and Packages
- Open the Manifests folder and copy the files into the following folder (if there are any files)
- Open the Packages folder and copy the files into the following folder (if there are any files)
- Run the System Update Readiness Tool (SURT) again
- When the SURT finishes installing, copy (Ctrl + C) and paste (Ctrl + V) the contents of the SURT log into your next post please:
You will probably be shown the error code 0x8024200D after performing this fix, if so, please download and install the update from this link. It must be downloaded using Internet Explorer.
Download Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2732487) from Official Microsoft Download Center