I just discovered that my Samsung SSD (830 series, MZ-7PC064D/EU) shows a very poor write performance (161 MB) though my read performance is pretty fair (448 MB).
I searched the web for a while now and tried every suggestion anyone wrote - nothing worked, my speed stays low (in comparison to values other users of this SSD get: ~500MB read ~300MB write - without RAID!)
Here are my system specifications:
Mainboard: M4A87TD EVO
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1055T
RAM: 8GB 1333 MHz
OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, up to date
My SSD is plugged into the first SATA connector. All my drivers, my BIOS and the SSD's firmware are the latest ones, TRIM and AHCI are activated, all the usual SSD tweaks have been made (no defragmentation, no search indexing etc.).
- using the Microsoft AHCI driver instead of the AMD SATA one
- disabling the write cache
- installing the latest chipset drivers provided on AMD's website
- installing the latest chipset drivers provided on ASUS' website
- forcing SATA 6gb/s support in the BIOS
I really don't know what I should try next - any suggestions?