View Single Post
27 Nov 2012  
TanyaC

Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon | Win 7 Ult x64

Personally, my advice would be that is could be a bad idea to move appdata. You have two posts in two forums about the same thing.

You have 4 versions of nvidia drivers. Is there a reason you are keeping all but the latest? Thats over 600mb. You also have 2gb in the nvidia installers. I would think they are not needed either.

I take it you have run disk cleanup (or used a utility like ccleaner), and checked that your "c:\users\<user>\appdata\local\temp" folder is empty?

You could also uninstall games from your C: drive and install them on the spinner or on your other SSD. As a habit, I never install games on an SSD. There is, IMHO at least, no real benefit.

Anyway, to answer your question, if you have 8gb of RAM you're probably not hitting your page file alot, but it's easy to move it. You can do this through control panel. There are litterally dozens of tutorials on how to to this (google is your friend). There are lots of people who think moving the pagefile is ok, and just as many who think it's a bad idea. You decide for yourself.
My System SpecsSystem Spec