View Single Post
06 Dec 2012  
Just married

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

question about win 7 magnifier

Good Evening Seven Forums, this is about SFC.EXE

The Dummy is back again. I posted a question about the problem I am haveing with the built in magnifier in Win 7 Pro.

I did get a reply but was no help. I decided to check with Microsoft ASK A QUESTION. I did get a reply, however I could not complete the possible solution since my copy of win 7 Pro does not allow me to execute the possible solution. I replied to Microsoft ask a question no answer. Hopefully someone at seven forums can tell why the proceedure does not work:
This is what I was tald to do, go to accessories then click ELEVATED COMMAND PROMPT the only I could not find that kind of prompt but did find COMMAND PROMPT, so I clicked that, however I was supposed to se RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR, whick I did not find, I did find this c:/user/my name followed by a blinking cursor waiting for entries. I was to enter ALLOW after possible being asked for my password, that did not work so I entered ALLOW, the only thing I got was you are not allowed to enter in so many words. I then made sure I am listed as the administrator on my computer and I was. The oblect of all this is to run SFC.EXE a program allready installed to check the operating system files, if corrumpted then insert my install CD or DVD when I installed win 7 Pro to replace any corrupted files.

If anyone has used the program SFC.EXE please let me know what the proceedure is.
hope you don't find too many missplelled words.
My System SpecsSystem Spec