View Single Post
20 Dec 2012  
jumanji

Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit

Yep Yankie007,

Since you had already started checkdisk, I did not want to interfere. After giving it a lot of time, now I think I should.

I agree totally with other people's opinion here that your hard drive problem is so severe that checkdisk is finding it difficult to cope with.

Now it is time to abort it ( you will be none the worse. ) and get going with other trys. And yes, you are right. Try what I had suggested in the other thread Hard Drive Error: Volume is dirty 0x80071AC3 ( It is unfortunate that the OP did not return to say what happened finally.)

If the HP Tool refuses and then the LLF format tool also fails to identify or having identified throws innumerable errors in the dialog box as it progresses, it is time to say goodbye without wasting any further time and effort.

EDIT: The efficacy of the HP Tool and the LLF tool is proven in Formatted External HD as exFat - Windows does not read drive... where the OP was able to retrieve his messy and fussy HDD - which was good anyway to start with. Only the OP had messed it up. )
My System SpecsSystem Spec