Quote: Originally Posted by rauldevil69
I have been looking everywhere and can't find a way to setup Outlook 2010 to only send emails and not receive any. I have a cloud RDS server and I'm running a program that uses Outlook to send emails, but the problem is that i don't have a lot of space on the server so I would like to stop outlook from receiving any emails from the IMAP accounts in order to save space. the users have outlook on there personal desktops and they receive emails there so no need to put it on the server.
Stop Outlook to only send or only receive messages, do the following:
- Click the File tab and choose Options under Help and choose Advanced in the left pane. In Outlook, choose Options from the Tools menu and click the Mail Setup tab.
- Click the Send and Receive button in the Send and Receive section.
- Select the account you’re modifying (All Accounts might be your only choice), and click Edit.
- In the Account Options section, uncheck the appropriate option: Send Mail Items or Receive Mail Items.
- Click OK, Close, and then OK.