Let me be clear on something--- is the following not the 1st instruction on the linked page to provide the necessary data for analysis of the problem?:
1. System Update Readiness Tool (SURT)
- Under the For Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows Server 2008 header, click on Method 2 to view the instructions relevant for your computer.
System Update Readiness Tool fixes Windows Update errors in Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 R2, and Windows Server 2008
- Download the appropriate version of the SURT and save the file to your Desktop.
- Double-click on the file to install it.
- Leave it to run uninterrupted. It may appear to freeze or hang, but this is perfectly normal. If it still hasn't finished after a few hours, then notify us in your post.