View Single Post
14 Aug 2009  
Okran

Windows 7 x64 Home Premium

Thanks for the input people, I think some of you have misinterpreted what I wrote though. I'm not using any code to copy the .MDB file, I'm simply trying to right click copy and right click paste into the destination directory so it is nothing to do with any code. Sorry I should have stated that more clearly in the first place.

Thanks Dzomlija I'll see what happens if I try a different folder. I would have thought that if there was any problems in copying a file or files then Windows would at least tell you it can't do it and why not.

Also the old file is deleted, yet it is still bringing up the old file as though it is the new one, why is that? That must be something not working correctly in Windows surely?

Here's what I'm doing:

Open explorer, browse to project folder containing the .MDB file
Right click and copy it
Browse to the Program Files\ProgramName folder and paste
It says preparing to copy and asks copy and replace or copy and keep existing
I choose copy and replace
It says You'll need to provide Admin permission to copy to this folder
I choose Continue as I have access being the Admin user

The file properties are the same as the source, yet when I open the file it is not the one I just copied, it is the old mdb file. This file remains the same no matter if I delete it and copy the newer one over, it still opens as if it is still the old file. How is that even possible when the file has been deleted and therefore no longer on my system?!
My System SpecsSystem Spec