View Single Post
01 Jan 2013  
scudybeef

win7 32 bit home premium

hi,everything you say is correct,its a dongle that looks like a memory stick,coax plugs into this,then plug the dongle into the usb,,windows 7 usually recognises the device,setup up windows media centre and away you go,but still not finding channels correctly (at one point,it found 65 channels,none of which would give any sort of output,just a black screen with no audio,,tv guide works fine for the channels that are there though),,just tried another dongle that looks exactly the same,but while device manager recognises it,windows media centre isnt able to detect a tv signal with this device!

ive tried my tv dongle on an xp machine,but couldnt install the tuner driver for some reason,,the blazedtv software player installed fine,but didnt see a tuner device as i couldnt get it installed,,not sure why,went to manufacturers website to download driver,but no luck,,getting to the point of giving up on media centre,,had so many random problems with it,its a constant headache,,gettin used to havin no tv on the computer now

thx for the help though,just cant think of anything else to try.
My System SpecsSystem Spec