View Single Post
07 Jan 2013  
Rockit

Windows 7 Premium 64 Bit

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Rockit View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
It should always create the 100mb partition if the drive is not prepartitioned. But it's a negligible issue. Unless you need BitLocker having the System Reserved partition is irrelevant.

So I can delete and merge on the machine with the 2 partitions? I was reading threw some postings here that that was not advised.
That's really asking for trouble and there's no good reason to do so. You wouldn't merge it anyway. The process to delete 100mb, mark Active and then write the System boot files to C is more involved.

Do you have an issue that requires you not to have the System Reserved partition? If so use the commands Gary gave you to create your partition(s) or use Partition Wizard CD.

I just prefer not having my hard drives partitioned. Never cared for it and never needed it till Win 7. I can live with it on this old desktop. I was just surprised I didn't have it on this new laptop after cleaning it up. I plan to try and install Win 7 to a SSD with UEFI enabled soon on the laptop. Take out the slow drive and put it in a backup enclosure. But not for awhile. I'm still trying to get use to which drivers and settings it needs to playback 3d movies and all this other new fancy technology.

I'm sure I'll need some help when I get to that time. Toshiba's driver downloads and support really suck.
My System SpecsSystem Spec