View Single Post
16 Jan 2013  
blue skies

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Thank you Gregrocker. I looked at your awesome Clean Install tutorial a little while ago. It is very well done.

Quote:
You may also have to turn off a RAID setting in BIOS and Intel Rapid Storage technology in some cases.
I have come across these terms before, but I'm not really familiar with them. I also read a bit about small SSDs being used as a cache, but to tell you the truth, it is mostly over my head.

I am getting a little nervous and starting to wonder whether I should just follow your easier: Clean Up Factory Bloatware instead of doing a clean install.

I am curious to see how the computer is set up, and whether Toshiba installed the OS on the 32 gb SSD. I believe that was how it was described in a video review I watched a few days ago, but I'm not certain.

Darn, I wish the SSD that is just a little bit larger. A quick boot time will be nice, but I'm not sure how much of a speed increase I will get if most of my programs are on the HDD.

I don't play any games so that's not an issue. I thought it would be nice to have my browser and media player on the SSD. If I could have Thunderbird on the SSD too, that would be nice, but I would have to have all of the data stored on the HDD. Same with Firefox.

How would I go about making sure that the programs I install on the SSD don't store any big data files on the SSD? Does it depend on whether or not I can tweak each program? Change the destination path for the programs folders? A more global Windows setting I can change? Am I making any sense?
My System SpecsSystem Spec