View Single Post
17 Jan 2013  
DellXPS14

Windows 7 Home 64bit

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker View Post
You uninstall the floppy drive by finding it listed in BIOS to disable, or pulling the cables off of it in case.

Yes, use the F12 menu to trigger the installer DVD or USB flash stick. Will it boot? See how far it gets in the steps to Clean Install Windows 7.

But first I'd read a bit on EFI to at least have some info on it: The 30-year-long Reign of BIOS is Over: Why UEFI W... - Input Output
Technical Note: UEFI BIOS vs. Legacy BIOS - YouTube

UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 7 with - Windows 7 Forums
Bypass UEFI to Install WIn7
1. I've looked everywhere in BIOS and cannot find how to disable floppy drive. I don't have a floppy drive in my laptop to disconnect.

2. You want me to do a clean install again? Right now my computer boots from the SSD but for some reason non of the drivers I installed are showing up. It also seems like the boot time and shut down time are a lot slower than when I had the SSD in alone. When I had the SSD in alone my computer shut down in 6 seconds flat, now it takes around 15-18 seconds, somethings not right.

3. I read the article and watched the 20 minute video on legacy v. UEFI and have a basic knowledge of what the two do and why UEFI is better. However I'm not exactly sure which my computer is running, i'm assuming UEFI. My Bios version is A13 (the person in the video explains how to tell the difference between the two but the method doesn't apply to my laptop because the versions don't match

I understand this process must be very frustrating for you, I appreciate your patience.
My System SpecsSystem Spec