View Single Post
24 Jan 2013  

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit

Okay guys, just encountered the first BSOD of the day. To let you all know what I had done last night-- I ran Memtest86 before bed and I woke up this morning with 8 Passes finished with 0 errors read. I'm assuming there may not be anything wrong with the memory but the BSOD I ran into today is again pointing to MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1a).

Prior to this BSOD, I was running a full system scan with MSE and in the midst of it, it said that MSE could not make a scan on my computer so I cancel the scan and run it again and then in the middle of the process I BSOD.

Upon inspection of the newly generated .dmp file I find this:

which I also noticed was apparent in one of the previous .dmp files. I researched what MsMpEng.exe is and it's something relating to Microsoft's antimalware which makes sense in this case seeing as I was trying to scan my computer with MSE at the time.

Before the scan though, I ran into an unusual error as this was the first time I've seen it happen but I noticed the display theme of my windows suddenly changed to the default Windows Classic. At first I thought it was a display driver error but I go to check Personalize on the Desktop menu and find that I'm unable to change to any themes as they were all grayed out. Few minutes later, my previous theme came back. I then noticed on my taskbar that the Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service stopped responding. Following that, everytime I open Windows Explorer-- the MSPPS will continue to pop up saying it stopped responding. I open up Chrome to try and do research on this problem and to no surprise all my Chrome tabs have crashed and stay crashed when I try re-opening. I run IE and do research there and answers point to Windows activation under Computer > Properties. I proceed to check my activation status and for some odd reason it states that my Windows activation is currently unavailable. I restart my computer and check the activation status again and it is back to normal with Windows activated and the Product ID visible again.

Right now, all I can think of is to reinstall Win7 entirely but would like to have input from any experts so I can try to diagnose the problem further before doing so. I'm not sure if the SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b) and MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1a) BSODs I've been experiencing are hardware or software related. I want to rule out hardware because of the Memtest86 results but I know that alone probably doesn't tell me everything. Attached is the latest SF Diagnostic Tool information...
My System SpecsSystem Spec