I just joined this forum today, I found it while searching for help to fix the following error as displayed in the Event Log:
When I boot up I do get my desktop, but the mouse is frozen.
I turn the power off, and back on and my system is functional.
However, I get the following error messages in the event log each time:
1. Session "Microsoft Security Client OOBE" stopped due to the following error: 0xC000000D
2. The previous system shutdown at 6:07:45 AM on 1/26/2013 was unexpected.
3. The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
4. Session "Microsoft Security Client OOBE" stopped due to the following error: 0xC000000D
5. Audit events have been dropped by the transport. 0
This has been going on for a while now. In an attempt to fix, using suggestions I found by Googling:
1. I have uninstalled Security Essentials, run a registry cleanup, re-started my system and reinstalled Security Essentials;
2. Removed the EppOobe.etl file and rebooted.
Neither of these worked.
Attached is a zip file created by running the SF_Diagnostic_Tool.exe. Prior to creating this file I followed the instructions from this page Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD
in order to be able to create a complete dump file.
I have also entered as much information as possible about my system configuration into my profile.
I can do some basic fixes, but this issue has me totally stumped. Please let me know if I did anything incorrectly so far, and if you need additional information.
I would be most appreciative if a forum guru could help me fix this problem.
Thank heaps in advance!