View Single Post
14 Feb 2013  
bobkn

Windows 7 Pro X64 SP1

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by Razor505 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by linnemeyerhere View Post
Razor505,
The Acer case will be the limiting factor. If it was me I would consider a new mid-tower or full tower case and then you can shop for a full height GPU and not a half height unit
Update: Disregard I couldn't locate your system on Acer's site but looked up the GPU at AMD and it's full height. You should measure the available distance for the card space and let us know or provide a link to your Aspire unit.
This is not the official Acer website though this is exactly the one i have.
Acer Aspire AM3400-E2212 AMD Athlon II X4 635 4GB 1TB DVDRW Windows 7 Home Premium Desktop
Somehow your link ended up at the base of NCIX, rather than the product page.

The case is 7" wide. I believe that means that it isn't limited to low-profile graphics cards.

Not sure what to recommend for a card. Some Radeon HD 7770 cards are available within your target price range. It's superior to the nVidia GTX 650. A GTX 650ti would be considerably better, but it'd be outside your range by a little.

ASUS GeForce GTX 650 Ti 1GB GDDR5 Video Card (GTX650TI-1GD5) : Video Cards - Best Buy Canada

Alternately,

Newegg.ca - EVGA 01G-P4-3650-KR GeForce GTX 650 Ti 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card

($150CDN + $10.74 shipping - $10 rebate.)
My System SpecsSystem Spec