View Single Post
20 Aug 2009  

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

I've gone back and tried a few of these other applications and have experienced some problems with them. Keep in mind, my setup is a triple boot with Windows XP 32-bit, Windows 7-64bit, and Ubuntu 9.04 (32-bit on EXT4).

#1). Macrium Reflect Free: Looks great, backs up fast, very good compression. Booting from Linux based rescue disk and I have no keyboard...although mouse works (both are USB). So, when I get to screen to select partitions to restore, I cannot click the shift key to click on multiples. I tried compatibility mode for the rescue disk, I checked Legacy USB in BIOS and made sure that PNP for the OS was disabled in BIOS.

#2). I tried Paragon Drive Backup Express 9.0 Free. Backup was pretty quick, interface was intuitive. Tried Rescue disk on USB media as well as CD ROM. While I got into recscue mode ok, it could NOT find my internal SATA hard drive to select as the destination. The only option shown as a destination was my portable USB drive that I was using as the source.

#3) I tried EaseUS ToDO Backup. It installed fine, but when I selected the entire drive to image and it started the got through the check on the first two partitions and then hung the Windows 7 box.

I'm trying to backup a machine with an Asus P5QL-Pro mobo, a standard single SATA disk in IDE mode. Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB. It's running Windows XP 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit and Ubuntu 9.04 32-bit as a triple boot.

I'd like to get an image of all 3 onto an external USB drive so that I could easily restore this triple boot in the event of a complete disaster. It doesn't seem that the Windows provided system image will do anything but my C and D drive...which are my Windows partitions.
My System SpecsSystem Spec