View Single Post
10 Sep 2009  
dw96

Windows 7 Home Premium [64-Bit]

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by shaX 07 View Post
Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by TGSoldier View Post
Yes you can..
I see.. So I guess my next dilemma is how I obtain a 64-bit version of 7. Toshiba already said they will not provide me with the 64-bit version, I even asked if I could pay a cost difference and they said no.

So I guess I would have to pay the $120 to get Windows 7 64-bit upgrade, do the clean install and Then I can upgrade my RAM..

I'm thinking it might be more cost effective to just return the laptop and wait for 7 or like I said, buy a laptop that comes with 64-bit Vista... It does suck that I would have to pay a 15% re-stocking fee to best buy, so on the $600 it would be $90.
So you're saying your warranty dies just if you install an OS by your choice? WOW! I knew that desktop PC's ARE the solution for me!

Still, ask stupid Toshiba if you can use dual-boot. If you can, you're going to have to go through some steps to do this. You're going to have to use a hacked version of Seven though, otherwise you'll go spending a lot of cash on an original Seven Ultimate (x64)... Every time you boot up your PC you will get to choose between Vista or Seven if you do that. Still you can just choose a default OS and fully disable the OS Choice screen.
My System SpecsSystem Spec