View Single Post
29 Sep 2009  
sjones39

Windows 7 Professional x64

Fabe: Thank you for the welcome! I will get around to updating my profile tomorrow, but my specs are as follows (sorry, been out; Braves lost. dang.):

MSI P55-GD65 mobo
Intel Core i5-750 Lynnfield
G. SKILL Trident 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 2000
GeForce 9600 GT 1GB Silent Cell 256-bit GDDR3 graphics card
580 Watt ATX Power Supply
Western Digital Caviar Blue WD6400AAKS 640GB 7200 RPM HDD
Old, unnamed 16x DVD player from my old PC; same case, too.

So, the only thing that I think might send up a flag would be the power supply; don't know why. Everything is as up-to-date with drivers as I can make it. Anything you want me to flesh out more on?

Sulfuric Acid: Thank you for a response! As far as taking it apart piece by piece, that will be my last resort. Haha. I will go about trying to flash the BIOS again tomorrow, as per your recommendation. I was worried, too, about the updated BIOS file I downloaded from the MSI website; I followed the selection process to precisely target my mobo, downloaded the files, looked at them, and it said something about them not being compatible. Not sure whether or not it matters if I am using x64, but that popped into my head. Yeah, I know you can't open and apply the file in Windows, so maybe I just got spooked didn't want to give it a spin (my BIOS version is 1.0; up-to-date is 1.3). Will get over my fear tomorrow and give flashing it a try... again. Any ideas for a good USB device? I tried my thumb drive, but it wouldn't even detect it in the BIOS.

squonksc: Thank you for a reponse as well! I'm 99% positive I have that disabled already (checked it out earlier just to be certain). Mouse (while old) is on a sort of cloth mousepad that has four pictures of the globe on it. Haha. So no glossy one, but thanks for thinking outside the box! And the device manager field of power management for the mouse is disabled.

Thanks guys so far.
My System SpecsSystem Spec