View Single Post
05 Oct 2009  
thefabe

Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit / XP Home sp3

Quote   Quote: Originally Posted by DeaconFrost View Post
The fact that you had to underclock the memory to run memtest tells you there is something wonky between the board and memory, even if it is a known issue. You could quickly download a x64 version of Ubuntu and give that a shot as well.

Check your BIOS for a memory mapping feature, or some other option that needs to be enabled for all 4 GB to be recognized. If that's not the solution, or not an option, I'd be thinking of replacing the board or memory, if I was my system.
I would have to agree with this . If your having trouble installing with more than 2 gb and you have to underclock your memory the issue is a memory problem. but I would also like to say even though you got a positive read back on nero burn test, it has been well documanted on this site that the slowest burn speed 4x has provided the best iso image for installing windows 7. Does it matter which 2 gb stick you use? Have you memtested all the moduels 1 stick at a time? If the memory won't run at even the 800 speed I would question the compatibility of it with your board. Does Gigabyte have a memory compabilty chart for your board?
My System SpecsSystem Spec